We have built the Volumental Solution to be as easy and intuitive as possible. This of course also goes for how we build the hardware for our scanner. Setting up the scanner should be as easy as plug n play.
Inside the Volumental box you will find the following items:
Scanner base unit
4 x camera towers
- 1 x front right tower
- 1 x front left tower
- 1 x back right tower
- 1 x back left tower
Power supply cable with adapters
1. Start by lifting out the scanner base unit and place it in an open, even surface. Avoid placing the scanner on soft surfaces, like carpets, as this will make it unstable while standing on it.
2. Unpack the camera towers from the box. Each tower is numbered from 1 - 4 and you can find the number on the underside of the tower. Each slot in the scanner base unit is also numbered from 1 - 4. Simply match the tower with its slot.
Please note! It's important that the towers are place in their intended slots as this will affect accuracy and measurements.
3. Gently pull the USB cable from the scanner base unit slot and insert it into the USB port in the camera tower. When the cable is properly plugged in, push the tower down into the slot until you hear a click.
4. Connect the power supply cable in the back of the scanner. The package contains different power plugs, attach the one that fits your power outlet and plug it in. The LED ring on the scanner base unit should now light up.
5. The scanner is now fully assembled! Next step is to connect the tablet to the scanner and you can find the instructions here.